New FEBS Committee and Working Group members starting 2021
FEBS is governed by a Council consisting of one delegate from each of its Member Societies, and also the members of the FEBS Executive Committee. The FEBS Council elects the members of the FEBS Executive Committee, as well as the members of other FEBS Committee and Working Groups (overseeing different areas of FEBS activities), for fixed terms.
The FEBS Council normally meets annually at the FEBS Congress. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the 2020 (60th) FEBS Council meeting was held online on 16 October 2020. New members of various FEBS committees who were elected by FEBS Council to take up positions on 1 January 2021 are listed below and we welcome them aboard.
• Piotr Laidler (Poland), Chair* 2021 & 2022 (Vice-Chair 2020)
• Janko Kos (Slovenia), Vice-Chair* 2021 & 2022
• Johannes Buchner (Germany), Chair of Publications Committee
• Mutay Aslan (Turkey), Advanced Courses Committee
• Manuel João Costa (Portugal), Education Committee
• Tihomir Balog (Croatia), Fellowships Committee
• Valeriy Filonenko (Ukraine), Fellowships Committee
• Sebastian Hiller (Germany), Fellowships Committee
• Nesrin Kartal Ozer (Turkey), Fellowships Committee
• Francesco Bonomi (Italy), Finance Committee
• Marc Baumann (Finland), Publications Committee
• Mauro Torti (Italy), Science & Society Committee
• Enrique Viguera Minguez (Spain), Science & Society Committee
*Chair and Vice Chair are appointments from FEBS Constituent Societies that have organized the past two FEBS Congresses.
We also thank the departing members of FEBS committees who completed their terms at the end of 2020 for their various pro bono input to the work of FEBS.
• László Fésüs (Hungary), Chair of Publications Committee (continuing for one year as Network WG Chair)
• Tomáš Zima (Czech Republic), Chair
• Ivan Ivanov (Bulgaria), Advanced Courses Committee
• Jason Perret (Belgium), Education Committee
• Lászlo Nyitray (Hungary), Fellowships Committee
• Oliver Vugrek (Croatia), Fellowships Committee
• Winnie Eskild (Norway), Finance Committee
• Erik Boye (Norway), Publications Committee
• Mark Roberts (UK), Science & Society Committee
Václav Pačes, FEBS Secretary General