Guidelines for FEBS3+ Meetings
- The FEBS3+ Meetings programme was established to support Scientific Meetings organized in collaboration by at least 3 (or more) FEBS Constituent Societies.
- These events (a maximum of 2 per year) should be scientific meetings with symposia and colloquia corresponding to the format of an annual national scientific meeting of a Constituent Society.
- The total FEBS support is currently (2016) €20 000 per event. A sum of €10 000 will be awarded to the host Society for general organization purposes to cover lecturers’ travel expenses, accommodation, congress venue renting, and so on. The second €10 000 has to be used for a 3+ Fellowship scheme to attract young scientists living outside the host country who are members of the 2 (or more) collaborating Societies. The financial arrangements need to be agreed with the FEBS Treasurer.
- A FEBS3+ Meeting Programme shall be awarded only when the host organization is not already in receipt of FEBS funds (for example from FEBS’ Advanced Courses Committee) to support the event and on the undertaking that no additional application for funds will be made to FEBS in the same year.
- An application proposing the meeting including an outline scientific programme and a preliminary budget should be sent to the FEBS Congress Counsellor.
- The deadline for applications in any one year shall be 1st September of the preceding year.
- The applications will be evaluated by the Executive Committee of FEBS and the decision declared to the applicants within 2 months of the deadline.
- The title of events funded by the FEBS3+ Meeting programme should normally start with the designation 'FEBS3+ Meeting:' followed by the specific event title, and the FEBS logo should appear prominently on the meeting website's homepage and printed program. The role of FEBS should made clear on the 3+ meeting event website which is that FEBS provides generous support for the 3+ meeting but FEBS is not the organiser (the event organisation is the responsibility of the host society in accordance with these guidelines).
- Following the event, and within 3 months, a report on the meeting must be sent to the FEBS’ Congress Counsellor and a financial report sent to the FEBS Treasurer.
For queries, please contact the FEBS Congress Counsellor via the Contact us section of the FEBS website.