Young Scientists’ Forum 2014: applications open
The 14th FEBS Young Scientists' Forum (YSF) will take place at CISP Maurice Ravel, Paris, France from 27th to 30th August 2014.
This satellite meeting of the FEBS–EMBO 2014 Conference will provide a wonderful opportunity for 100+ young scientists to get together to present their scientific results and critically discuss ideas in a friendly atmosphere, before moving on to the larger FEBS–EMBO 2014 Conference. FEBS will financially support participation in both the YSF and the ensuing Conference.
We warmly invite PhD students and postdoctoral fellows to submit their applications if you meet the following eligibility criteria.
- not be older than 35 [with exceptions when studies were started later, or were delayed by maternity leave (18 months per child) or prolonged illness, or other personal reasons],
- be registered as a PhD student at an institute of higher learning in a country where there is a FEBS Constituent Society or be within five years of having completed a PhD thesis,
- submit an abstract to the 14th YSF and to the FEBS–EMBO 2014 Conference as first author,
- be a member of a FEBS Constituent Society (http://www.febs.org/index.php?id=74), and
- not have received a grant from FEBS to attend a YSF in recent years, a FEBS YTF award to attend a FEBS Advanced Course / Workshop in 2014, or a Bursary to attend the FEBS Congress in 2014.
2014 YSF grants can only be used to support participation in the YSF and FEBS–EMBO 2014 Conference. Grants will cover registration, accommodation in shared rooms, and up to 80% of the travel costs, for both the YSF and the FEBS-EMBO 2014 Conference. Awards will only be made to support travel from an applicant's current country of residence in the FEBS area to Paris, and the amount awarded will reflect the distance travelled.
THE FEBS YSF IS NOW OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS.
Please visit the FEBS–EMBO 2014 Conference website for more details and to apply online. For general information on FEBS YSFs, see the YSF page of this website.
The application period closes on 31st March 2014.